Craigslist can be an incredibly powerful medium for selling goods and services or hiring top-notch candidates. However, you need to create engaging and effective Craigslist posts with no room for mistakes to get the best results.
All too often, people make some common Craigslist mistakes that end up ruining their ads and making it impossible for them to find quality leads. If you are struggling with the same issue, here are some of the most common Craigslist job posting errors and the best ways to avoid them.
1. Misleading title
An inaccurate or ambiguous title is the biggest enemy of a good Craigslist job post. No matter how good your job ad is or how lucrative your offer is, if your ad or posts have a misleading title, people will not click on them.
Here are some quick tips to avoid this issue:
- Make it a rule always to mention precisely what the job is about. If the role is for a Human Resource Assistant, your Craigslist ad title should say “Human Resource Assistant.” Don’t just settle with “Assistant” or “Human Resource Employee.
- You can also use a few emojis to make your titles more attractive
- Capitalize special offers like “IMMEDIATE HIRING,” ” BEST SALARY IN THE INDUSTRY,” etc. This will entice the viewers to click on your ads. And while you do this, make sure that these offers are not just clickbait. Deliver what you are promising.
2. Poor images or no images at all
This is the era of visual stimulation. People love seeing images and videos in ads. Thus, you are already losing the game if you are not providing them with that. What we mean to say is your Craigslist ad must have at least a few high-quality and attractive images.
Here are some tips for the same:
- Avoid using blurry, grainy, or unrelated images in your Craigslist post
- Make sure to use vibrant and bright images
- While using images is highly recommended, please do not overdo it
- You can add pictures of some company events, show your office, and more
3. Not putting keywords
When candidates come to Craigslist to look for a job, they search with the help of specific keywords. If you are not using those keywords in the title and description of your Craigslist job posting, you will lose the chance to grab the attention of these candidates.
Here’s how you can rectify this error:
- Do not use any random keywords in your posts
- Use reliable keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner to search for the right keywords for your Craigslist job posts.
- While using keywords is recommended, avoid keyword stuffing. Using the same keyword repeatedly can make your job post look spammy, or worse it can get your account flagged by Craigslist.
In case you are still not getting desired results and need some help with your Craigslist job postings or Craigslist bulk job postings, we can help you. We have several years of industry experience and have helped many business owners find suitable candidates through Craigslist.